Today I want to share some insights that have changed Nicole’s life with you. Nicole, is a client who started working with me because she was worried about her daughter’s anxiety and she wanted to know what she could do to improve her situation.
Here’s one of the first things that shifted her energy:
As I mention in the video, there is a predictable way to create a change in your child’s health and your own health as well. This is what Nicole, experienced in her life and it had a huge impact on how she interacted with her daughter and shifted her anxiety levels.
The predictable process is:
- Focus on you – it’s important to focus on what you can control
- Take it 1 step at at a time – consistency is key for sustainable health
- Increase your bandwidth – when you have a process to maintain your energy this helps with patience, compassion and also seeing the bigger picture
Today we are talking about a simple way to increase or balance your mood by creating more awareness about the energy of the food you eat to fuel mood.
For example, my client Nicole told me she eats carrots all the time and was also sharing how her energy was chronically low. She felt like she hit a wall every afternoon.
We talked about how carrots are root vegetables and grow underground and therefore have a very grounding type of influence. For her, making the shift to add in more leafy greens and salads had the affect of increasing her overall energy level on a consistent basis. Now she eats salads almost every day and the change in her energy played a huge role in allowing her to have more patience to calmly talk through her daughter’s fears, which ultimately decreased her anxiety tremendously.
Some considerations to think about in terms of how the energy of your food may be affecting your mood are the following:
- Root vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, onions, parsnips, carrots, turnips have a grounding influence
- Foods that grow on top of the ground such as squashes, pumpkins and zucchini have a balancing affect.
- Foods that grow rising up from the ground such as leafy greens, spinach, tomatoes, strawberries and bell peppers have an uplifting influence.
What is one small shift you can make in your food choice that can create a beneficial impact on your energy levels?
Your assignment is to consider what change you can make and start to implement this change intentionally on a consistent basis. Then be sure to share in the Facebook group what you did so we can celebrate you!