As we head into 2019, if you’re like me, you’re thinking about how to make this year a great year for you and your family. Each year, instead of a long list of resolutions that won’t make it past January, I like to pick a theme or a word for the year as a guiding light.
Yup – just 1 word that will help us have an awesome year no matter what comes our way!
I don’t try to come up with my word. Instead I wait for it to arrive. My word for 2019 arrived on Tuesday during my morning meditation. It already feels like an extension from last year’s intention of prosperity.
I complete the sentence “All roads lead to ________________.”
This year my word is generosity.
Last year it was prosperity and in 2017 it was an invitation. Read last year’s post here.
The word “generosity” plopped into my lap, calling me to listen to it and play with the idea.
I have learned that so many New Year’s Resolutions aren’t kept, because our goals aren’t aligned with our core values.
So, it’s important to me that my word for 2019 is aligned with my core values. I value self-awareness, appreciation and clarity. After marinating in the word generosity I have come up with a plan to practice generosity while using self-awareness, appreciation and clarity.
I want to be generous in my relationships
I want to be generous in my physical, emotional and spiritual health!
I want to be generous in my business.
OVER TO YOU:
Do you pick a word or a theme for the year? What is it? Do you have any other intention or goal-setting practices at the beginning of the year?
I’d love to hear what yours are too! But no matter what intentions or theme’s we choose, one thing’s for sure – in order to experience the benefits all year long – you need a PLAN.
Read on to learn how I plan to make my theme a reality, and how you can too!
How I plan to be generous in my relationships:
1) I have clarity to know that I must prioritize time for Mike and I to connect in our marriage, life gets busy fast. I’m going to get personal here, but the past two months we have made a commitment to be intimate every day! Yes, I said every day and this has created opportunities for me to be generous with my intimacy. My intention for 2019 is to continue with this same level of commitment to our intimacy with daily connection as long as we are under the same roof. I’ll share more on this later as to why it has been such an amazing experience in our relationship:)
2) Also, I have self-awareness to understand expressing generosity to my daughters is an area that I need to work on.
In my desire to raise strong independent girls, I usually tell them to get their own drinks, pay for open gym on their own, etc. While I still think independence is valuable, I see an opportunity to role model more generosity.
So what’s my plan? I will write out one way to explicitly demonstrate generosity of my time, attention and or money each day during my morning journal time and follow through on that.
How I plan to be generous in business:
1) I have scheduled client appreciation events into my calendar for next year to add even more value to my community.
2) In addition, I have carved out time each month to contribute my experience and expertise towards the development of a new business venture with a group of amazing collaborative women.
How I plan to be generous with Vibrant Health:
I made a list of all the different ways I can choose to renew my physical, emotional and spiritual health. This is NON-Negotiable for me because when I don’t have a full cup, I can’t be generous towards others.
Maintaining Vibrant Health sounds kinda vague and that’s completely intentional. If I can do just ONE THING everyday to help renew my vitality, I will consider that a success/ JUST ONE THING. Anyone can do that. As long as a I have a plan…
I’ll choose just one thing to do from each list. And if I do more than one thing – BONUS! But by focusing on just one thing, I’ll be able to guarantee daily success. Success builds upon success, and success happens one step at a time. Join me in 2019 in building up successes one-day-at-a-time in working toward the best you yet!
Here’s my daily Vibrant Health List.
– Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables
– Drink at least 60 ounces of water
– Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day
– Spend time outdoors in nature
– Get 7 hours of sleep each night
– Journal for 10 minutes each day
– Read before bed
– Meditate for at least 10-15 minutes
– Practice appreciation with Mike, Julia, Isabel, Avery and Taylor
– Look in the mirror and smile
This year my intention is to fill my life with generosity…to have all roads lead to generosity.
No matter what else happens all year, no matter what goals are reached or missed, I know for sure that if generosity is the bottom line, it’s going to be one a fulfilling year!
P.S. Hey, I get it. You know you want more for you and your family in 2019, but you’re tired of setting goals and never realizing them. Sometimes, it’s really difficult to determine what (specifically) is the thing that’s getting in the way of you implementing what you know you should be doing. Many parents know WHAT to do, but they don’t do it – well, at least until they get insight from me about what’s getting in the way and plan for getting into action. For free.
It all starts with one free conversation to establish where you are in your family’s life now, where you want to be, what’s gotten in the way of getting there, and what strategies you need to take to overcome those obstacles. A plan! Imagine that…;)
Maybe you could benefit from that conversation with me. There’s no charge for it whatsoever, and no icky sales tactics, promise. It’s a goodwill offering on my part. I can help you map out your plan for 2019 and show you how to get there so you implement it fully.
Perhaps you too are unclear about what’s really getting in the way. If so, let’s talk, OK? Here’s where you can find a time that works for your for a free Strategy Call.